- 1 What is the another name of bird?
- 2 What is the scientific word for birds?
- 3 What words describe birds?
- 4 What is the English word for bird?
- 5 What is another name for a verse?
- 6 What is another name for a bird’s beak?
- 7 What do you call someone who takes care of birds?
- 8 What are the 7 characteristics of birds?
- 9 Which famous bird is extinct?
- 10 How do you describe a flock of birds?
- 11 What is the description of birds?
- 12 What words would you use to describe animals and birds?
- 13 What is bird in simple words?
- 14 What is the spiritual meaning of birds?
- 15 What is a bird in British slang?
What is the another name of bird?
What is another word for bird?
What is the scientific word for birds?
What words describe birds?
Here are some adjectives for bird: fast greedy, gaunt and ominous, unclean and hateful, just inane, fearful carrion, animal or migratory, immense, dusky, wide-winged white, larger, slimmer, small and suspicious, serpentine, little, irritable and stupid, faulty, old, oversized predatory, clumsy dark-gray, violently red
What is the English word for bird?
bird in British English (bɜːd ) 1. any warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrate of the class Aves, characterized by a body covering of feathers and forelimbs modified as wings.
What is another name for a verse?
1. Verse, stanza, strophe, stave are terms for a metrical grouping in poetic composition.
What is another name for a bird’s beak?
In this page you can discover 47 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for beak, like: nose, proboscis, neb, rostrum, prow, projection, bill, nib, mandible, snout and nozzle.
What do you call someone who takes care of birds?
ornithologist Add to list Share. An ornithologist is a type of zoologist who focuses on birds. Having a birdbath in your backyard doesn’t make you an ornithologist. An ornithologist is someone who studies ornithology — the branch of science devoted to birds.
What are the 7 characteristics of birds?
Defining characteristics of modern birds also include: Feathers. High metabolism. A four-chambered heart. A beak with no teeth. A lightweight but strong skeleton. Production of hard-shelled eggs.
Which famous bird is extinct?
1. Dodo. The dodo was a flightless bird that uniquely inhabited the island of Mauritius found in the Indian Ocean. The dodo was said to be related to pigeons and doves and was described as being around 3.3 feet tall and weighing about 20 kg.
How do you describe a flock of birds?
Several collective nouns can apply to all bird species, such as flock, colony, fleet, parcel, and dissimulation. Other not-so-common flock names that can be used for any type of bird include cloud, mass, collection, or just plain group or throng.
What is the description of birds?
Birds are warm-blooded, egg-laying animals that have vertebrae, or a backbone. They are different from mammals because they lay hard-shelled eggs and have feathers. A bird has four limbs—two that are wings—along with a beak and no teeth.
What words would you use to describe animals and birds?
Words used to describe birds – thesaurus common. adjective. used in the names of birds and animals when there are more of them than related birds and animals. fledged. adjective. flightless. adjective. fully-fledged. adjective. great. adjective. gregarious. adjective. lesser. adjective. webbed. adjective.
What is bird in simple words?
noun. any warm-blooded vertebrate of the class Aves, having a body covered with feathers, forelimbs modified into wings, scaly legs, a beak, and no teeth, and bearing young in a hard-shelled egg.
What is the spiritual meaning of birds?
The meanings of birds and their symbolism varies greatly from representing immortality, departed souls, and spirit messengers to representing fertility, protection, and strength.
What is a bird in British slang?
Bird: (Brit.) a girl or young woman, esp one’s girlfriend (Collins Dict. )